Life means abundance, richness, in every possible dimension. Just look at existence. Do you think it is poor? Look at the millions of flowers, their fragrance; look at the millions of stars. Man has not been able yet to count them, and I don’t think he is ever going to be able to count them. With your bare, naked eye you only see, at the most, three thousand stars – and that’s nothing. And these stars are expanding. Just as a flower opens up and the petals start going away from the center, the universe is continuously flowering, blossoming, opening – and with a tremendous speed. The stars are going farther away from the center. We don’t know exactly where the center is; but one thing is certain, that the whole universe is running fast, moving, alive.
Those people who come to visit here don’t know what life is for. They have never lived. Yes, they have been born; but just to be born is not enough to be alive. They will vegetate and think they are living. And one day they will die, without ever having lived at all. These are the miracles that go on happening all around the world; people who have never lived, die – such an impossibility! But it happens every day. And many have recognized it at the moment of death, and have said it is so, that ”it is strange; for the first time I am realizing that I missed life.”…….
……… If these fools who ask you the question, if they meet the creator they believe in, they will ask, ”What is the need of so many stars? Why this luxury? A few less won’t do? What is the need of so many birds, animals, human beings?”
And do you know, now the scientists have recognized the fact that on at least fifty thousand planets life is existent. We don’t know what colors it has taken there – what shape, what beauty, what kind of beings have evolved there – but one thing is certain, that existence is overflowing. With everything it is luxurious. It is not a poor existence, no. Poverty is man’s creation……
…..All around the world poverty has been respected for the simple reason that people had no idea how to get rid of it. And why was it respected? If you are born poor, then nobody will respect you; if you are born a beggar, nobody will respect you. But if you are the son of a king and you renounce the kingdom and become a beggar, then the whole country will respect you …..
1. Man’s right to life means his right to have the free and unrestricted use of all the things which may be necessary to his fullest mental, spiritual and physical unfoldment. Or in other words his right to be rich.
2. No man ought to be satisfied with little if he is capable of using and enjoying more. The purpose of nature is advancement and unfoldment of life: and every man should have all that can contribute to the power, elegance, beauty and richness of life.
3. No man is poor because nature is poor or because there is not enough to go around. Nature is an inexhaustible store house of riches; Original (formless) substance is alive with creative energy and is constantly producing more forms.
4. The formless stuff is intelligent; it is stuff which thinks. It is alive, and is always impelled toward more life.
5. The universe of forms has been made by Formless living substance, throwing itself into form in order to express itself more fully.
6. Moral and spiritual greatness is possible only to those who are above the competitive battle for existence; and only those who are becoming rich on the plane of creative thought are free from the degrading influences of competition.
7. There is never any time but now, and there will never be any time but now.
8. You cannot act where you are not; you cannot act where you have been, and you cannot act where you are going to be; you can act only where you are.
9. Do not wait for a change of environment, before you act; get a change of environment by action.
10. You can advance only by being larger than your present place; and no man is larger than his present place, who leaves undone any of the work pertaining to that place
To live in abundance is to be fully alive, free of any sense of lack or desperation. The following little story gives the essence of abundance. A man leaves the remote peasant village of his birth and travels the wide world. After many years, he returns home. His friends, relatives, and neighbours gather round him and ask, "How is life in the world?" He replies, "Same as here. It is good for those who know how to live."
The art of abundance is not the art of making money, but the art of knowing how to live. This knowing how to live is the essence of what I call the "Tao of Abundance." The Tao of Abundance is a not a "get rich quick" or "think your way to riches" approach to prosperity. It does not encourage you "think like a millionaire," "dress for success," or "climb the corporate ladder." It speaks to deeper experience of abundance than can be realized by the mere accumulation of goods or by amassing an impressive balance sheet……
……The fundamental premise of The Tao of Abundance is that the universe is you and is for you. If you put yourself in accord with the way of the universe, it will take care of you abundantly. To experience this abundance, there is nothing you need do first. It is not necessary for you to earn one more dollar, get a better job, buy a new home or car, or go back to school. All that is required is that you become aware of the inner process through which you create an experience of lack and struggle in your life, and refrain from doing it. Feelings of abundance and gratitude are natural to the human being; they do not need to be added or put on. We have only to become aware of how we are resisting and inhibiting this natural state……
1. From Unconsciousness to Consciousness - Osho.
2. The Science of getting rich by Wallace D Wattles.